Nottingham cruised to a rampant win over a young Leicester Tigers side in front of a crowd of nearly 3,000 at Lady Bay.

Very early on it was clear that Nottingham were the stronger side, as they controlled the first half and carved out a number of promising attacks in the opening twenty minutes of the game.

The Tigers defence stayed very strong though, and Craig Hammond’s men were unable to convert those opportunities to points until the hooker Jack Dickinson finally dove over the line in the twenty-fifth minute following a driving maul from a lineout five metres out.

That didn’t do much to open up the game though, as the rest of the half passed very cagily, neither team really looking like they would be adding to the scoreboard and they went into the break with the score just 5-0 to the home side.

However, almost immediately after the restart it became clear that the second half would be a very different story. Harry Graham scored the second try of the night by quickly breaking through the defensive line 40 metres out and beating the last defender with a cheeky chip over his head.

The caginess did seem to creep back in soon after the try, though, and it wasn’t until twenty minutes later when the floodgates really opened up for the Green and Whites. They seemed like they really couldn’t stop scoring in the final fifteen minutes.

The first try of the flurry came when a number of Nottingham players broke through the Tigers defensive line again, and a couple of offloads later, Jack Shine was able to get over the line.

Soon after, Harry Graham found space up the left hand side and just before he was pushed into touch, offloaded it to Jordan Olowofela who was able to finish for the fourth try of the game.

The final try of the game came in the closing couple of minutes, and began when Michael Green broke through the line inside his own half and offloaded it to Jacob Wright who was unable to outpace the full back. However, he did quickly get the ball back out to Green, who beat the retreating defence to the line for a try on his first game back from injury.

Craig Hammond’s men will take a lot of positives from a great win over the Premiership side, and will be full of confidence going into their next game, a Championship clash with Doncaster Knights at The Bay in two weeks time.