Lead Strength & Conditioning Coach
Nottingham Rugby is one of England’s leading professional rugby clubs. It has a proud tradition as a club going back over well over 100 years in 1877 and in the modern era of professionalism has consistently performed in the RFU Championship the second tier of English Rugby Union. Nottingham Rugby has become well renowned for producing playing, coaching and support staff that go onto Premiership and International opportunities. For more information visit: www.nottinghamrugby.co.uk
This post will lead the provision of Strength and Conditioning services to Nottingham Rugby. Working as part of the Coaching department, the successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the development of new strategies and resources.
Key Responsibilities: will include, but not be restricted to.
- Design and deliver individualized physical development programmes to each squad member to enhance their on-field performance.
- Manage player load for optimal training and game availability as well as maximizing performance outputs.
- Implement procedures and report on player wellness daily.
- Educate and inform players on nutrition and lifestyle for optimal performance.
- Work in partnership with the medical team and coaching team to form a cohesive rugby department.
- Design and implement appropriate return to play procedures.
- Implement and report on up to date physical testing of each player.
- Recruit, manage and develop interns.
- Manage and organize equipment for trainings and match days.
- A sports science degree or degree in relevant subject area.
- At least 2 years experience in professional rugby union.
- Sound understanding of the game of rugby.
- Excellent IT skills and the ability to communicate ideas and information clearly.
- Outstanding work ethic and ability to work and communicate as part of a team.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Reliable and enthusiastic with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as required.
- A masters level qualification in sports science or a relevant subject area.
- Experience of leading a professional programme in rugby union at English Championship level or above/ equivalent.
- Rugby coaching qualifications at level 2 or above.
Reports to: Head Coach of Nottingham Rugby
Contract: Fixed Term, Full time
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Closing date for applications: 21/06/2019
Interview date: 26/06/2019
If you are interested in the above role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.